Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day




So on Valentines, I had the idea of making heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Easy enough, right? I had watched this video on some website on some specialty pancakes and they used a cookie cutter after they cooked them. I thought why waste the excess pancake? Why not just pour the batter right into the cookie cutter. Now I am sure there is a way to do this, I just don't have all the proper tools. So things were fine until it came time to flip the pancake. Not so easy as I imagined. Ha! My cookie cutter was pretty small so I just ended up making three to put on top of everyones plate. Live and learn... it was the thought that counted. Then after breakfast, Fiona and I went to Katy's baby shower. That was lovely. Katy is so beautiful with her little bump! I can't wait to see that little baby! After Duncan's nap we headed down to the beach to have dinner at Chris and Christy's house. It was so special. We had the much anticipated rockfish and it was delicious! Christy had the table set so beautifully. It was quite elegant. I wish I had taken a picture before we ate. Duncan had such a fun time with his cousins. They were all exhausted by the end of the night. What a wonderful Valentines day! And to make it even more special, my husband gave me the most dear card. He made it. It is beautiful. He is so talented. I will have to scan it in here so I can show it off. He is soooo thoughtful!






3 comments:

christy said...

I love your new background-it looks great. I also love the elegant table complete with the empty bottles. The pictures are so cute. We can't wait to get together again soon.

Jennifer said...

The key is being sure to spray- I mean coat the cookie cutter in cooking spray or oil so it will come off easier when you try and flip it. I've been doing it a while and it gets crazy! Good job! Looks like a fun V-day!

Jennifer

Rebekah said...

Thanks Jennifer! Great idea... I will try it again! :) Good talking with you last Sunday.