Monday, May 5, 2008

Exciting News!

This morning we went to our second ultrasound. Brian and I went out to breakfast first. That was so much fun to spend time with him. Our appointment was at 8am. The tech took us right back. I was so excited... a little nervous, but mostly excited. The tech said that the baby looked great. It is always so special to see that little person inside you... wow. I got to see its spine, heart, stomach and bladder. So cute :). Anyway, on to the exciting news... we are going to have a little girl :) Yipeee! I had a slight feeling it was a girl because this pregnancy has been so different, but you never know. With Duncan I knew it was a boy. I had four dreams that I was having an ultrasound and they told me it was a boy. Pretty crazy. I am so grateful that we have a healthy baby girl so far. The tech said she weighs 9 oz. :) I haven't stopped smiling all day. We have her name all picked out, but we will keep that a surprise for her arrival. I posted some of our ultrasound pics. Hopefully you will be able to make some sense of them.


This is her profile...



It's a GIRL!!!!

15 comments:

erin said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!

Tess Bush said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is wonderful news!

abbey said...

I can't believe that I'm gonna have a little baby niece!! I love you and am so excited! See ya later.

Bethany said...

Congrats. So fun

Katherine M. said...

Daddy and I are so happy. After you all shared that wonderful news with us this morning, I sat outside on the steps for awhile enjoying the lovely morning and contemplating God's goodness in my life. Knowing you will have a precious baby girl overwhelms my heart with gratefulness. I love you and congratulations to you and Brian.

Nelly said...

Yay!!!!!!!! I am really excited to see your baby girl!!! she is gonna be a doll!praying for you!
J'Nelle

Kate Van said...

Bek- that's sooo exciting! I had just asked your mom if you knew yet and she said you did but she didn't want to tell--- yippy!!!

christy said...

It was so great to see you and Duncan today. I can't tell you how excited we are for you and Brian. Of course Claire is excited to even things out a bit:) Raising a daugter and a son has been such a blessing and we can't wait for you to experience how girls and boys are so wonderfully and perfectly made in such completely different ways. We love you and can't wait to meet our niece.

Janelle Shank said...

hey rebekah! what exciting news, so happy for you and your family!

Bekah said...

So exciting! Congratulations! How fun to have a little girl...they are so fun!

Billie said...

How fun! We love our little girls. Can't wait to hear the name!

Anonymous said...

Bekah, I am so excited for you guys! How fun a little girl!! Much love, kimmie

Les said...

Oh Rebecca that is wonderful! We will have perfect pairs for a play date once the girls come :)

Jenn said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you ... can't wait to see her sweet face, love you!

Unknown said...

Dear Rebekah,

I’m working with Parents.com to promote this summer’s Best Baby Bump Contest (http://www.parents.com/bump-contest), and I would like to invite parents-to-be such as yourself to enter their best pregnant belly photos on the parents.com website before September 30, 2008. One winner will receive a $2,500 prize.

Liz Zack, Executive Editor of Parents magazine, says, “We want you to take your best pregnant belly photos – from little baby bumps to big pregnant bellies – and enter them into our Baby Bump Contest. While you’re there, share and comment on other people’s pregnant belly photos, too.”

As a blogger, you represent an important and influential part of the online community. In addition to entering, Parents invites you to spread the word and encourage your readers to vote for you and enter their own photos in The Best Baby Bump Contest.

Sincerely,

Kelsey Jarboe
978-855-6071
kelseyjarboe@gmail.com