Thursday, September 20, 2007

Goodbye Tree...

Today my next door neighbor is having her lovely tree cut down. It is already kinda rainy and trees being cut down makes me feel some sense of loss. I seem to feel some devotion to growing things and I feel sad when they are destroyed. Duncan seems fascinated with the whole production. He is just standing at the front door watching the process of taking down the beautiful tree. I really don't know the purpose of getting rid of it... it is not dying or anything.... oh well. So sad... Well, this has been the focus of our day. I think I am being a little too dramatic about the ordeal... but what is new, right? :o) Duncan is now ready for his nap, and I think they are about finished outside.




8 comments:

Sara said...

It was great to see you at the wedding. You looked beautiful and even more beautiful when you were talking about your sweet baby!! I'm so glad your loving being a mommy-God is being glorified!!

abbey said...

the tip-toes one is adorable! looks like an exciting day ;) mine wasn't much better...

Jenn said...

Hello there! I am soooo glad you posted a comment on my blog, now I have yours, how fun! I miss you and so look forward to having a "peek" into your life. Love you so.
Oh, and tell your mom I have tried to find her blog ... but I haven't found it yet. :)

Kate Van said...

i love the tip-toe picture! i remember watching our favorite willowtree get hammered by a hurricane one year and just cried. How great to think that one day in Heaven there will be no death of any kind!!!

Ginger said...

Good to find you on here! No way--I used to cry when I was younger at a tree being cut down..now I still feel a bit sad.

Bethany said...

Awww he is so cute. Likes to watch action like all little boys

Bekah said...

Hey Rebekah,
Love the pictures of Duncan! He is so cute! Hey,
I was wondering how our wedding video was coming? Let me know! Thanks!

Bekah

Anonymous said...

Oh, duncan. You are such a cute pa tutie! I will call you soon about lunch. p.s. interview tomorrow w/ fran!