Thursday, September 13, 2007

Banana Cake Recipe



Here is the cake recipe that we used for Duncan's birthday cake. I think it is similar to banana bread ( not too sweet ). I don't even like bananas, but I did enjoy this cake. It's great... no sugar added.

BANANA CAKE

2/3 c. banana, mashed
1/2 c. butter, softened
3 lg. eggs
3/4 c. water
2 c. unbleached flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Optional: 1 c. chopped walnuts OR 1/2 c. chopped walnuts & 1/2 c. raisins

Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan. Beat together mashed banana and soft butter until creamy. Beat in water. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until very foamy. Beat into mixture. Blend in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Beat until smooth. Stir in walnuts or walnuts and raisins, if desired. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool. Serves 8-10.


Also this is the website I found it on. They have some other health conscious cakes as well. Happy baking!

www.grizzlybird.net/2007/01/babys-1st-birthday-cake-recipes.html

2 comments:

Kate Van said...

thanks for posting this Beka,
I have 3 or more bananas in my freezer right now! Are you free Sundays? I wanna see you cutie!

erin said...

I made this yesterday...we really like it. Not very sweet so I couldn't think of it as cake...but it was perfect with our homemade Carmel Macchiatos...I like either black coffee with a sweet snack, or a non sweet snack (like scones or this recipe) with sweet coffee.

Thanks for sharing!!